Bali Hindhu Temple Ceremony
Every Temple and Shrine has a special date for it annual Ceremony, or " Odalan ", every 210 days according to Balinese calendar, including the smaller ancestral shrine which each family possesses. Because of this practically every few days a ceremony of festival of some kind takes place in some Village in Bali. There are also times when the entire island celebrated the same Holyday, such as at Galungan, Kuningan, Nyepi day, Saraswati day, Tumpek Landep day, Pagerwesi day, Tumpek Wayang day etc.
The dedication or inauguration day of a Temple is considered its birth day and celebration always takes place on the same day if the wuku or 210 day calendar is used. When new moon is used then the celebration always happens on new moon or full moon. The day of course can differ the religious celebration of a temple lasts at least one full day with some temple celebrating for three days while the celebration of Besakih temple, the Mother Temple, is never less than 7 days and most of the time it lasts for 11 days, depending on the importance of the occasion.
The celebration is very colorful. The shrine are dressed with pieces of cloths and sometimes with brocade, sailings, decorations of carved wood and sometimes painted with gold and Chinese coins, very beautifully arranged, are hung in the four corners of the shrine. In front of shrine are placed red, white or black umbrellas depending which Gods are worshipped in the shrines.
In front of important shrine one sees, besides these umbrellas soars, tridents and other weapons, the "umbul-umbul", long flags, all these are prerogatives or attributes of Holiness. In front of the Temple gate put up "Penjor", long bamboo poles, decorated beautifully ornaments of young coconut leaves, rice and other products of the land. Most beautiful to see are the girls in their colorful attire, carrying offerings, arrangements of all kinds fruits and colored cakes, to the Temple. Every visitor admires the grace with which the carry their load on their heads.
October 3rd’ 09 (Purnama Kapat)
- Temple ceremony for Bhatara Tiga Sakti at Penataran Agung Besakih - Bali.
- Ulun Danu Batur temple Serongan Kintamani - Bali.
- Pulaki temple at Singaraja North part of Bali.
- Gunung Sari temple at Sidemen Karangasem - Bali.
- Pucak temple at Tampaksiring Gianyar - Bali.
- Tirta Empul temple at Tampaksiring Gianyar - Bali.
- Bakung Cening temple temple at Nusa Penida.
- Arya Telabah temple at Besakih temple.
October 7rd’ 09 (Buda Pon Sungsang)
- Temple ceremony Ida Ratu Malesung at Penataran Agung Besakih - Bali.
October 8rd’ 09 (Wraspati Wage Sungsang)
Laga temple at Abang Karangasem - Bali
Temple ceremony Ida Ratu Mas at Penataran Agung Besakih - Bali.
- Merajan Pasek Gelgel Melinggih.
- Merajan Pasek Gelgel Patemon.
- Merajan Pasek Tangkas Koriagung Akah.
October 9rd’ 09 (Sukra Kliwon Sungsang)
Temple ceremony Ida Ratu Siyem at Penataran Agung Bessakih - Bali.
October 13rd’ 09 (Anggara Wage Dunggulan)
- Kiduling Kreted temple at Besakih - Bali.
October 14rd’ 09 (Anggara Wage Dunggulan)
Temple ceremony Ratu Bagus Subandar and Ratu Ulangalu at Penataran Besakih.
- Dukuh Sakti temple at Dukuh kediri Tabanan - Bali.
October 15rd’ 09 (Wraspati Umanis Dunggulan)
- Watukaru temple at Penebel Tabanan - Bali.
- Lempuyang Luhur temple at Karangasem - Bali.
- Kentelgumi temple at Klungkung - Bali.
- Merajan Pasek Gaduh temple at Umadesa Kediri Tabanan - Bali.
October 16rd’ 09 (Sukra Paing Dunggulan)
- Pasek Ubung temple at Kesiman Denpasar - Bali.
- Luhur Cemenggaun temple at Sukawati Gianyar - Bali.
Top Page | Home